Hello Guest it is October 19, 2024, 01:18:44 PM

Author Topic: Blank Computer screen when spindle running  (Read 2104 times)

Blank Computer screen when spindle running
« on: June 21, 2024, 11:05:52 AM »
I recently downsized my CNC router and relocated the controller underneath the router table to save space. However, I encountered a problem after the rebuild. When I have MACH 3 displayed on the computer screen and start the spindle, the screen goes blank. If I start the CNC running and then start the spindle at the inverter controller, the screen flashes. I have already disconnected Mach 3 from the spindle and inverter, but the issue persists. All my cables are shielded and grounded at one end, and I am using an old Windows XP computer. The spindle is water-cooled and controlled with a 2.2KW VFD Inverter. Could this be due to interference, and if so, how can I fix it?
Re: Blank Computer screen when spindle running
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2024, 05:50:16 AM »
Make sure your AC earth and DC ground are NOT on the same bus.
Does your screen remain illuminated but blank or does it go black?
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2024, 09:36:02 AM »
Thanks For replying Oliver, My screen will go black all together, I did try an external earth between the VFD Inverter and the CNC which did not help, I will now to back to check the earths. There is a possibility I have done this "mixed the DC and AC earths" with me trying to make the wiring as clean as possible, I should get back to it this coming weekend, My thanks again, and I will let you know how I get on.

Offline MN300

•  305 305
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2024, 08:17:19 AM »
Noise can also be coupled through the AC supply wiring. In addition to noise, a motor start up can cause a momentary voltage drop. Separate feeds from the breaker/fuse box might help. Experiment by using an extension lead to connect the control electronics to an outlet on a different circuit breaker.