Hello Guest it is October 19, 2024, 11:35:25 AM

Author Topic: The More I use Mach 4, the more I like it.  (Read 1051 times)

The More I use Mach 4, the more I like it.
« on: August 25, 2024, 03:30:59 PM »
I am learning over time how to make good use of Mach 4. I've come a long way since the beginning of being able to learn how to use this software.

I learned how to udate the software with ease. I also used the UC 100 motion controller for a long time, and then I got a Smoothe Stepper and got it set up and running. Both are good. The smoothe stepper is really good. Has a lot more options and allows for much inputs and outputs.

I also had to do LUA scripts. I grew up programming with BASIC from microsoft. I also used Quick Basic and MASM together to create TSR modules. Currently I still prefer Visual Basic, but C, and C++ are not too hard either.  LUA is a little different. LUA scripts are different too.

I like the WX widgets also.

I use Mach 4 resgisters in my LUA Scripts.

I am hoping as soon as I can, I would be able to get a Script to save the tool tables changes and the offset tables changes made during the operation of a M6 tool change.

I really like the modular set up of Mach4 and I would like more automation in the saving of the above tables during the operation of my CNC machine.

The thing I like with Mach 4 is that I can actually add scripts to make the program suit my line of work. That's really good.